Stuff To Read

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Best looking Eve Ships

I find I often forget to care what the ships in the game look like.  We fly ships based on their abilities, and anyone who really knows what they're doing won't fly a ship based purely on looks.  They all have their advantages and disadvantages for different roles, and while some are completely worthless (I'm looking at you EAFs), most have a time and a place for their use.  That being said, there are some truly beautiful ship designs in Eve and I thought I'd share my top 10 list.  When the ship has a T2 hull I picked the one with my favorite paint scheme.  I also didn't take into consideration Alliance Tournament Prize ships, NPC ships, Jove Ships, or Strategic Cruisers.

10. Naglfar 
I personally love the Nag.  There's something to be said about flying a vertical ship, and in my opinion this one does it the best.








   



9. Maelstrom
The Maelstrom is sleek and deadly.  It reminds me of an old war battleship, where speed and firepower were both important. 

8. Nyx 
If you had asked me to describe a Mothership I would come up with something very similar to the Nyx.  It harkens to old space movies and flying saucers.  It also brings to mind Independence Day and the swarms of fighters that poured out of the attacking ships.

7. Abaddon
Mean and powerful.  This ship screams tank right off the bat.  Big, slow, and unleashing devastation everywhere it goes.  The image this ship brings to mind is entire planets being subjugated by pure fear of this one ship.

6. Wolf
I love the Rifter and anything based on its hull.  It makes me think of the Lone Ranger type of star pilot, something that Han Solo would fly into battle.  You immediately think of speed and guns when you see this ship.

5. Malediction
Speed, speed, and more speed is what think of when I see this ship.  It reminds me of an A-Wing from Star Wars.  Terribly weak when it comes to weapons and defenses, but blistering speed.  Considering the ship is an Interceptor, I think they got their point across.

4. Nighthawk
The Nighthawk is the kind of ship you'd picture if you wanted to picture death.  Aggressive, dark, poisonous, and full of terror.  I would imagine that if the Nazis could have produced a spaceship, they would have given something that looks like a Nighthawk to the SS. 

3. Charon
This is what a space freighter is supposed to look like.  When I was a kid drawing pictures of fighters shooting spaceships, I probably drew something that looks like a Charon a million times.  This ship fits its role perfectly.

2. Rokh
A clear flagship if there ever was one.  This ship just flat out tells you by looking at it that the Admiral is directing the fight from the bridge of this perfectly designed ship.

1. Nemesis (Upcoming Inferno Model)
It's probably because it's brand new that I love it so much, but damn what a good looking ship.  When I first started playing Eve and I heard about the stealth bombers I immediately thought of the real life Stealth Bomber, and was very disappointed when the truth was shown to me.  This ship brings back those same feelings.

As a bonus here's my top 10 Ugliest Ships In Eve, in no particular older:
Obelisk
Dominix
Hyperion
Revenant
Bantam
Griffin
Imiscus
Maulus
Navitas
Moa

Well, there you have it.  My top 10 best looking (and ugliest) ships in Eve.   This is of course just my opinion and I'm sure you all could pick out a very different list.  So tell me, what are your favorite, or least favorite, ships?

2 comments:

  1. You forgot the Blackbird (in the second list, obviously)

    ReplyDelete